Anna was quite excited about getting to wear a helmet. "Just like a bicycle helmet!" she said. Adults did not have to wear them, but even the smallest size for Anna looked huge. (Appropriately, I took this picture right by the equestrian warning sign.)
Our group from the back of our horse.
Picture of our faithful steed, "King Kong" (no, really) taken from the saddle. He was the biggest boy in the group, I'm pretty sure. Part draft horse, probably, and wide as a bus. Anna and I rode together, so they gave us the gentle giant. He was a wonderful horse. One of the staff remarked when they saw Anna, "Little princess needs a white horse to ride." That, and I think he liked my reaction when he announced something named Kong was going to be our mount.
Our friends joining us in this adventure.
The view from up here.

I had to include a picture of this "station", too. The stable is actually part of something called "Adventure Park" and includes a zip line. I would have thought that would upset the horses, but apparently they are used to it.
Our friends behind us.

We made it! (I'm trying to hold Anna's helmet back so she can see. It kept falling forward over her eyes). So I had a great time, and Anna was very brave. An hour is a long time for a 3 year old, and Kong had a long stride, especially up the steep hills. She told me that night as we were getting ready for bed, "Horses go up and down, up and down." It was memorable for her, to say the least.

Here we are at a park afterwards, eating some lunch. That, and the playground afterwards, were more Anna's speed. But we are again very grateful to our friends for including us on this fun trip.
I had to include a picture of this "station", too. The stable is actually part of something called "Adventure Park" and includes a zip line. I would have thought that would upset the horses, but apparently they are used to it.
Our friends behind us.
We made it! (I'm trying to hold Anna's helmet back so she can see. It kept falling forward over her eyes). So I had a great time, and Anna was very brave. An hour is a long time for a 3 year old, and Kong had a long stride, especially up the steep hills. She told me that night as we were getting ready for bed, "Horses go up and down, up and down." It was memorable for her, to say the least.
Here we are at a park afterwards, eating some lunch. That, and the playground afterwards, were more Anna's speed. But we are again very grateful to our friends for including us on this fun trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment