Monday, January 4, 2010

Anna to the rescue

Anna loves to wave, and she does not practice favoritism. She waves hello, good-bye, good morning, good night, and not only to people but to rooms, furniture, and toys. Hello, microwave. Hello, ceiling fan. Good morning, changing pad. Good night, window. Reading Good Night Moon at bedtime usually seems a tad redundant.

Yesterday I was feeding Anna while Ben was making dinner. He was heating up some leftover fried chicken and had potatoes boiling on the stove to make fresh mashed potatoes. (I know; how lucky am I?) While I was very focused on Anna and her macaroni and cheese, she began waving at the stove. Ben had stepped out of the room, so I was a little surprised. I looked where she was waving, and steam was gushing out of the potato pot. I rushed over and lifted the lid just before the bubbles had a chance to push their way past the lid and onto the stove. I NEVER catch boiling water until it's sizzling away on the burner. Thanks to Anna, we had a little less clean up to do. What a good helper already!

No comments:

Post a Comment